WELCOME TO MORTON'S DANCE CENTER
ONE TEAM. ONE PASSION. ONE MISSION.
Our M.O.— Hone your craft. Since 2012, Morton’s Dance Center has focused on developing dancers, building them from core foundation and upward. No matter the style of dance, we strive to provide the best training by offering a mix of instructors, who are currently or have had experience in professional backgrounds, while incorporating team building and creative execution. We welcome you to your dance journey here, whether it be for a professional career, athletic hobby or a means of staying fit!
MONDAY - 4:00-9:00pm
TUESDAY - 4:00-9:00pm
WEDNESDAY - 4:00-9:00pm
THURSDAY - 4:00-9:00pm
FRIDAY - By appointment only
Adult 18+ Hip Hop
Hip Hop Fitness
Leaps Jumps Turns
Stretch Flex & Core
3-5 Year Old Creative Movement
6-8 Year Old Hip Hop
6-8 Year Old Intro to Dance
7-8 Year Old Intro to Dance
Competition Team Contemporary
Competition Team Hip Hop
email@example.com - General
firstname.lastname@example.org - Scheduling/Competition
email@example.com - Account/Registration
301 Main Street Landisville, PA 17538
1. No food, beverages (other than water), chewing gum, or cell phones allowed in dance studios, or during class. Water ($1.00) and Gatorade ($1.50) will be for sale in the office.
2. No running or horse play in the hallways, studios, lounge, or lobby.
3. Do not disturb classes that are in session. Parents please refrain from watching classes in the studio or through the windows as this may be distracting to both the students and teacher. We encourage you to watch class through the television in the lounge area, should you wish.
4. No swinging, climbing, or sitting on the ballet bars in either studio.
5. Please label all dance shoes, clothing, bags, etc. Morton’s Dance Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
6. All dancers must be picked up promptly at the end of class. Morton’s Dance Center is not responsible for students after class. Please call the office if there is an emergency.
7. If a dancer must be picked up early, or you would like to speak to an instructor, you must stop in the office and speak to the assistant director first.
8. Unruly behavior will not be tolerated, nor will any disrespectful behavior towards instructors or fellow dancers. You will be asked to leave the studio immediately.
9. Morton’s Dance Center reserves the right to cancel any class, at any time, due to insufficient enrollment/attendance for that particular time.
10. All classes must have 4 or more students in attendance in order to have a full length class. If not, Morton’s Dance Center reserves the right to make class 30 minutes in length.
11. No students are allowed in the office unless they are making a payment or asked to enter.
12. Instructor will leave 15 minutes after the start of class if no students have arrived on time.
Ballet Leotard, tights, ballet slippers, and hair pulled into a bun are required. Ballet skirt, leggings, and fitted tops are at the discretion of the dancer. Male dancers must wear a form fitting shirt (A-tank, V-neck, etc.), fitted shorts ending above the knee, and ballet slippers. Compression shorts are mandatory. Any dancers who arrive to class without meeting these requirements will be asked to change or will not be allowed to attend class.
A website will be set up to purchase your ballet requirements by August 13, 2018.
Street Styles (Hip Hop, Street Jazz, Breakdance) Open toe shoes/socks/bare feet are not permitted in class. Sneakers are suggested. Attire must not be restricting to dancer. T-shirt, tank top, sweat shirt, shorts, sweatpants, leggings, or harem pants are suggested.
Technique Classes (Jazz, Acro, Contemporary, Stretch Flex and Core, Modern) Leotards, tights, and form fitting clothes are required (tank top, shorts, leggings, dance pants, etc.). Dance paws, Footundeez, and bare feet are all acceptable and at the discretion of the dancer.
Mini Classes (Creative Movement, Pre-Dance, Intro to Dance) Leotard, tights, and ballet slippers are suggested. Form fitting clothing is required. Ballet skirt, leggings, shorts, etc. are at the discretion of the parent.
A website will be set up to purchase your attire for mini classes by August 13, 2018.
MDC Spirit Wear - MDC spirit wear can be purchased by visiting the SHOP tab on our website.
September 4 First day of 2018-2019 dance season
October 5-7 Field of Screams (Studio Closed)
October 31 Halloween (Studio Closed)
November 21-26 Fall Break (Studio Closed)
December 22-January 2 Winter Break (Studio Closed)
January 3 First Day after Winter Break
April 19-22 Spring Break (Studio Closed)
May 24-27 Memorial Day (Studio Closed)
June 11 Dress Rehearsal
June 12 Studio Show
Morton’s Dance Center will follow Hempfield School District for all closings due to weather. This can be found on the Morton’s Dance Center Facebook page and website, WGAL, and Hempfield School District website.
Classes should be attended regularly. Missed classes can be made up at an alternate time during the week in a comparable class. Make-up classes, due to inclement weather or instructor emergency, are at the discretion of the studio.
1. Registration Fee of $30.00 individual/$50 family charged at the beginning of the dance season (or at the time of dancer registration during the 2018-2019 season).
2. If any dancer must take a leave of absence from classes (ie: sports, musical, school activity, other commitments) he or she must pay $10.00 ach month to maintain enrollment. If this fee is not paid, dancer must repay registration fee when he/she decides to dance again. *The only exception to the $10.00 fee to maintain enrollment is injury/illness. Qualification for fee to be waived is dependent on a doctor’s note (this does not include competition team dancers).
3. With any class changes (dropping of class, switch in length/style, etc.) parent must notify the office in writing (email is sufficient) before the 25th of the month prior to expected change. If the request is made after the 25th, the account will be charged for the price of previous month.
4. NO REFUND POLICY. In certain cases, dancer account may be credited, but there will be no refunds by Morton’s Dance Center. Account credit will be on a case by case basis. Thisincludes registration fee and any previously paid tuition or fees.
5. All automatic payments and billing will be done on the 25th of the month prior**. Automatic billing is required by all dancers unless otherwise noted. Any tuition payment (expired cards, lost cards, etc.) must be taken care of by the 1st of the month to avoid accumulating additional late fees. If any problems occur, payment can be made by calling the office during office hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Any payments received after the 25th of the month** will result in a $20.00 late fee. There will be an additional $5.00 fee added for every week the balance is not paid after the due date.
7. Tuition is based on approximately 4 lessons per month. There is no extra charge for months with 5 weeks. There is no price cut for classes missed by student or months containing holidays. Make-up classes will be at the discretion of the studio.
8. Family discount is offered for siblings enrolled in recreational classes. The first dancer will remain at full price tuition. Each additional sibling will receive 10% off tuition each month. Family discount is not applicable to distant relatives or dancers on competition team.
MONTHLY TUITION BREAKDOWN
Monthly tuition shown above is based on hours per week (ie, dancer enrolled in one class a week would pay $52.00 per month). Exceptions to monthly tuition are as follows:
Drop Ins $15.00 per dancer, per class
Hip Hop Fitness $7.00 per dancer, per class
rivate lessons are on a first come, first serve basis. Students interested in private lessons must submit a request in writing (email is sufficient) to an office staff member. Our office staff will then communicate with the teacher, keeping in mind schedules and studio space. Prices are non-negotiable
1 Hour Private Lesson $50.00 per dancer, per hour
30 Minute Private Lesson $30.00 per dancer, per hour
Studio space can be rented by students to rehearse, choreograph, stretch, etc. Students interested in renting studio space should stop in the office and speak with a staff member.
1 Hour Studio Rental $20.00
30 Minute Studio Rental $10.00
Studio space can be rented for events such as birthday parties, fundraisers, etc. For more details, please contact the office.
2019 STUDIO SHOWCASE
Beginning January 2019, attendance is crucial for showcase preparation. Students will begin to prepare their performance pieces. Fees to participate in the showcase are $35 registration and $80.00 costume fee per class (Creative Movement, Pre-Dance, Intro to Dance, 6-8 Hip Hop), $90.00 costume fee per class (all remaining recreational classes)
January 3-9 Showcase registration fee (due first class back from Winter break)
February 9 Costume fees due
February 11-15 Measurement week (attendance is crucial)
May 18 Picture day
June 3-8 Last week of recreational classes
June 10 Staging rehearsal
June 11 Dress rehearsal
June 12 Performance night
More information will be provided in a Show Packet handed out in December, before Winter Break